August 26, 2008

Yet Another Return to School

Next week I head back to Kwantlen Polytechnic University to continue with my double-minor studies (Creative Writing and Philosophy). Last year it was called Kwantlen University College, but someone way up the food chain decided polytechnic was a more auspicious descriptor. Not normally used to describe humanities I don't think, and do people still consider changing the name of an institution a way to negate its fundamental flaws? Would we think fondly of Exxon if they changed their name to Aqua-Marine Petting Zoo? I digress.

Here are my courses this semester:
Japanese Culture Through Film - Kurosawa here I come.
Short Fiction - Must how learn to words mix for imagery craft.
Formal Logic -
An introductory course, but it's a math based approach to philosophy so I'm betting on some serious problems for myself.

Nerdery. What better place to revel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very curious to see how you end up liking your Logic class.

Harry Tournemille said...

Had my first class last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was rather introductory. Once you start incorporating the symbolization, it's very mathematical.
Have you taken a similar class before?

Anonymous said...

I took Symbolic Logic and it was my favorite class ever. I think it should be offered in high school and should be mandatory to graduate.

Harry Tournemille said...

I think we're studying the same thing, then.