April 30, 2008

Famous (or not) Quotes:

Writers are a little below clowns and a little above trained seals.
~John Steinbeck

Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
~Mark Twain


You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
~Jack London

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
~Douglas Adams

Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.
~Charles Bukowski

Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up.
~Ernest Hemingway

I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes.
~Hunter S. Thompson

Boy, those French, they have a different word for everything!
~Steve Martin




Save This Page

1 comment:

Hold my Point said...

Great post, thanks for sharing it.